Advertisements were introduced in 8sms with version 1.44.
They appear 14 days after a new installation. Rephrased differently ... there is a 14 day "trial" period and ads do not appear in the "trial" period.
Ads may be disabled by:
- Making a donation and unticking the relevant checkbox in the settings, OR
- Uninstalling and reinstalling 8sms after the "trial" period.
Uninstall and reinstall
Uninstalling and reinstalling 8sms will disable advertising for 14 days.
Make a donation
To make a donation:
- Please go to the "main screen" of 8sms, open the menu and select Donate or About.
- Select an amount, press one of the donations button, and follow through with the in-app purchase.
- After you have donated, please go to the "About" page where it should say "Thank you for your donation".
If donation buttons do not appear, it usually means that 8sms was unable to contact the Google Play Services app on your device. Please email us for assistance.
If you have previously donated to 8sms, please email us for assistance.
If you have previously donated to 8sms but moved to a new device, please email us for assistance and we will "transfer" your donation over to the new device.
Disable the ads
After you have donated, you can disable the advertisements:
- Go to the 8sms Settings » Ads section and untick the Show Ads checkbox.
If you have any issues with this process, please email us for assistance. Thank you.